Medical Mystery: Girl Paralysed After Flu Shot
Ten-year-old struck with rare disease after flu shot
Nov. 02, 2014
One year ago, Marysue Grivna was a happy and healthy nine-year-old girl.
Do You Want to Remain Informed about the Latest Vaccine News?
But just three days after receiving a flu shot, she was suddenly paralyzed and diagnosed with a rare disease.
Carla Grivna, Marysue’s mother, spoke to Tucker Carlson and Clayton Morris on “Fox and Friends Weekend” this morning.
Grivna said doctors won’t confirm or deny a link between her daughter’s paralysis and the flu shot, but Grivna and her husband are 100% sure that the shot is what caused Marysue’s condition.
“There was no underlying condition,” Grivna said. “So many tests at the hospital to try and find something else that could have caused it, and they could not find anything.”
Now confined to a wheelchair and with a very limited vocabulary, Marysue has been diagnosed with Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM), a rare inflammatory disease of the central nervous system, which affects approximately 8 in 1 million people per year.
“I’m saying to parents: hear my story, understand what happened to my daughter, ask questions, be informed and make an informed decision with your doctor’s guidance,” Grivna said.
Watch the heartbreaking clip and read more on FoxNews.com.
Click to play video:
Related article and video:
– Florida mother: Daughter paralyzed because of influenza vaccine According to this article Marysue has been diagnosed with scoliosis caused by all the spasticity that she has had to deal with, and has to have surgery to fix this on November 21st.
– Nancy Grace Learns On Air That Families Cannot Sue Pharma For Vaccine Injury or Death
– Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) – Mayo Clinic
– Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura and MMR vaccine – 11 April 2000
– BOY IN AGONY AFTER H1N1 NASAL FLU MIST
How vaccines harm child brain development – Dr Russell Blaylock MD